Happy New Year, Tribe!
Are you ready to make this your biggest year yet? Calling all Black professionals to dust off your vision board, pull out that new journal and let’s get ready to secure the new year wins in 2022.
Figuring out where, when and how to kickstart the New Year can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be – we got you!
Here are some tips to maximize your success this year.
- Start each day positively – repeat daily affirmations, meditate, listen to Black podcasts, take a walk, dance or do whatever it takes to get you lit and ready each day. Just be positive and unapologetically you.
- Set realistic short-term goals – The surest way to fall short of your goal is to make it unrealistic. Be specific about what you want, then set monthly or quarterly deadlines to achieve it. Multiple short-term goals achieved will add up to a successful year.
- Expand your network – Life’s all about who you know and who knows you, so now’s a great time to join a Black professionals network. Be seen, be connected and get hired when you sign up for Obsidi.com, the new and trendy hotspot for Black professionals.
- Try new things – Break out of your box and try new things. BPTN hosts Masterclasses and a Cultivate mentorship programme that connects Black professionals with senior executives and experts who’ve been there and done that. Join the tribe to build better professional relationships.
- Take care of yourself – Take a break whenever you need to, rest up, get help if needed, and give your mental health the attention it needs. A healthy mind can fuel a healthy body and a happier you.
- Be consistent – Start with baby steps and don’t make changes unless necessary. Create a plan, measure your progress, get accountability partners and don’t forget to celebrate small wins along the way.
Real success is when you’ve done your best, so get ready to level up to big ‘tings’ this year!
Join a Global Community of Black Tech Professionals
Obsidi by BPTN is a space for Black professionals across North America and the world to connect, learn and grow in a space built from the ground up to make them feel at home.
Obsidi is the place to for Black tech professionals to thrive! Join us on Obsidi.com.