How to Scale Your Business With Cloud Technologies
If you’re a Black professional, you know that innovation is key to success. That’s why Black businesses have always been at the forefront of innovation. From Madam C.J. Walker’s development of the hot comb to Berry Gordy’s founding of Motown Records, Black entrepreneurs have always found new and creative ways to meet the needs of their communities. In recent years, this tradition has continued with the rise of Black-owned tech startups.
But what about their business needs?
It’s no secret that in today’s world, technology is one of the most important tools we have to grow our businesses. However, many Black startups and entrepreneurs find themselves at a loss when it comes to scaling their operations and utilizing tech to its full potential. There are numerous reasons for this, including the lack of access to capital, the lack of role models in the industry, and general feelings of isolation. But whatever the reason, it’s clear that Black businesses and professionals need to level the playing field regarding tech.
That’s where cloud technologies come in. Cloud technologies can help you take your company to the next level by allowing you to scale up or down as needed. Plus, they can help you save money on infrastructure costs. Don’t worry. We’ve got you some fire tips and content. Let’s explore how cloud technologies can help your business level up!
What Are Cloud Technologies?
Cloud technologies are internet-based services that allow businesses to access their apps and data from anywhere in the world. The data is stored on remote servers, accessible from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. This technology can benefit entrepreneurs and companies looking to scale their business operations and raise the roof.
Examples of Cloud Technologies
Here are some examples of cloud technologies that more and more companies are using to scale, thrive and grow their businesses.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a cloud computing platform that offers a wide variety of services, including storage, computing, networking, databases, and analytics.
- Slack is a cloud-based collaboration tool that offers instant messaging, file sharing, and searchable logging of conversations.
- Salesforce is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) system that offers a variety of features, including sales force automation, customer service, and marketing automation.
Content Delivery Networks
- A content delivery network, or CDN, is a large system of servers that are used to store and deliver content (such as website pages, video files, or software updates) to users.
- Finix is a cloud-based payments platform that offers various features, including payment processing, fraud detection, and reporting.
- IBM is a global technology company that offers a wide range of products and services, including cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and data analytics.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud computing platform that offers various backbone services, including storage, computing, networking, databases, and analytics. These services are provided over the internet, and customers can access them on a pay-as-you-go basis.
The Benefits of Using Cloud Technologies for Business
Cloud technologies have changed the game, and the way businesses operate. By using cloud-based applications and services, companies can save money on infrastructure costs, reduce the need for IT staff, and scale their operations quickly and easily. But, of course, rising with the cloud has its perks–just ask any business that’s done it RIGHT.
Access the Latest Technology
Take advantage of the latest and greatest technology offerings from cloud providers. These providers are constantly adding new features and capabilities, so you can take advantage of the latest technology as soon as it’s available. Plus, you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues; the cloud provider takes care of everything for you.
Many businesses have found that they can boost productivity by using cloud technologies. In addition, remote workers frequently state that they are more productive; according to a ZDNet survey, 45% of respondents said that working from home gave them the ability to finish more work in less time than they could if they were in the office.
Some of the issues with working remotely or having employees located in different parts of the world the time difference can become a communication barrier. Some of the most significant disadvantages to working remotely or having employees in other cities located far away are the barriers that arise between them due to time differences and lack of communication tools. Using cloud-based communication such a content devlivery networks allows all employees to access the same immediate messaging services they would if they were all in the same room.
Scaling Capabilities & Expand Operations Easily
The scalability of the cloud makes it simple to expand your operation. You may start small with essential services and gradually develop as your company grows, utilizing the cloud for features and capabilities. The cloud makes it easy to expand your operations, so you can quickly add new users, features, and abilities. This helps you avoid spending money on unnecessary infrastructure costs and systems.
Improve Agility & Responsiveness
Cloud technologies can help businesses improve agility and responsiveness. By using cloud-based applications, companies can make changes to their systems quickly and easily without needing to install new software or hardware. In addition, cloud technologies can save money because they offer a pay-as-you-go model.
Most clouds have at least one monitoring service, allowing you to set up your cloud services for monitoring easily. The monitoring services are frequently depicted in a graphical dashboard and can be configured to notify you of abnormalities and unusual performance indicators.
What to Consider Before Switching to Cloud Technologies
Before you get all excited about implementing cloud technologies, you should consider a few things before switching to cloud technologies.
Understand the difference between public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Public clouds are owned and operated by a third-party service provider.
- Private clouds are owned and operated by a single organization.
- Hybrid clouds are a mix of both public and private clouds.
Evaluate your data security needs
- Ask yourself where the data is stored, who has access to it, and how it’s protected, what to do in case of a cyber-attack.
- Data security is a top priority for many businesses. When you store data in the cloud, it’s essential to ensure it’s secure.
- The best way to do this is to choose a reputable cloud provider with solid security who can meet those needs.
Consider the costs of using cloud services
- Some providers charge by the amount of data you use, while others charge a flat fee.
- Be sure to read the fine print in any service agreement. You don’t want to be locked into a contract with a cloud provider that doesn’t meet your needs.
Compare the features and capabilities
- Compare the features and capabilities of different providers to find the one that best meets your needs.
- Decide which applications and services you want to move to the cloud. But, of course, not everything needs to be in the cloud.
- Make a plan for migrating your data and applications to the cloud.
- Test your applications and systems before you make the switch. This will help ensure that everything works as needed.
As the world becomes increasingly digital, businesses of all sizes are turning to cloud technologies to stay competitive. Cloud technologies allow companies to access powerful tools and services on demand without expensive in-house hardware and infrastructure. Black-owned businesses are often innovative and fast-growing but may lack the resources of larger companies. By using cloud services, Black-owned businesses can level the playing field, accessing the same powerful tools and resources as their larger counterparts.
Global Masterclass by HPE
Black businesses have always been at the forefront of innovation. They continue to be among our most creative and innovative individuals, but what about their business needs? As a result, many Black-owned companies find themselves confined by old technologies or systems that don’t allow them access to cutting-edge tools for success in today’s marketplace.
On Thursday, August 11, 2022, BPTN has partnered with HPE to bring you a Global Masterclass engaging Masterclass titled ‘Scaling Business Outcomes with Innovative Cloud Technologies’.
Sign up for our Global Masterclass to learn how businesses can upscale and compete in today’s tech-driven marketplace. Save your spot here.